Save As and File Manager

Donald Walker

I've noticed that when I do a Save As with my app and then open the new version, the file manager shows the files associated with the Saved From App, but they are omitted from any compile until I select them again. There must be something happening in the select portion of the activity that needs to happen again with the new app.

Just an observation in case someone else runs into this.

Csn this be confirmed?

decsoft

Hello Donald,

I can't reproduce the problem here. That is, suposing an application with certain files added, I can save such application with other name (but remember, in the same directory!) and then I cam compile it without problems.

Maybe you save your application with other file name, but, since the app name is currently the same than the previous one (because one thing is the app's name, and other is the app's file name) the compiler do not update the compiled directory properly? So we need to remove it firstly?

Donald Walker

Yes my new files have a new app name, I probably should not have said new revision because it is a new app that gets compiled in another directory. But the question remains, does something happen when you select the file (like copy somewhere) as the relative path is still the same in the file manager. If the file is not selected in the new app then there is nothing in the path folder.

decsoft

Hello Donald,

I can't reproduce here such behaviour. Are you sure the application is properly saved before save it again using "save as"?

Donald Walker

Yes I think so. It is not a biggy. If I see it happen again I will let you know.

Can you tell me what happens when you select let's say an image using the file manager? Does it get copied somewhere or is it just posting the path,

Thanks

decsoft

Hello Donald,

The file's manager just saves referecences to the files (their relative application's path to be exactly) and never touch or copy the files.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.