Report Object Overlapping in a Container Object

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

I have 3 report objects placed inside a container object as shown below. When I run the application, the content of the report seems to overlapping as shown on the second picture. 

How do I resolve it? I have set the report style overflowx to visable so that the content is shown in full without the scroll bar. Is there a way to make the contents of each of the report object not to overlap? 

Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

I am not sure, but, you mention the "overflow-x" CSS rule... it's not "overflow-y" what you are looking for or must use?

Danny Cheah

Hello David,

My report object ReportNewDevotion and ReportNewStory place in the view was not overlapping each other. They have a space between each other during design time. But during runtime, the content of ReportNewDevotion and ReportNewStory merge together without having a space between them. What must I do to show the space between the two reports object during runtime?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

I am not sure if can understand, since, placing the Reports with the space that you wanted, and then, using the "overflow-y" CSS rule, in principle, the content of the reports must not be overlapped. So probably I am missing something...

Please, copy the below code and save it in a "Reports.ab" file: the sample app is a modification of the Report sample app, which include three reports in the same app view. As you can see, the spaces between the reports are not overlapped, and, what we do is only to leave the space that we wanted in designtime, and use the "overflow-y" CSS rule set to "auto".

Take a look at the above sample, and, please, post here any further questions.

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

Thanks for the help.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

So finally you got it? :-)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.