New App Builder 2020

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

My current AB version is 2019.49 and I just saw there's a new version of 2020.35 in this forum. How do I upgrade as I try to upgrade via the application it says I already have the latest version. Do I need to pay for an upgrade to this new version? Also can my existing apps work on this new version?

Regards, Danny
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

The current version of AB is 2019.50, so, in principle, you must be able to upgrade your 2019.49 release to the latest one. If you can't do it, please, post it here and we will take a look.

Months ago we publish the new generation of AB, which is a different product (yet similar) but, not compatible. The current release of the new generation of AB is 2020.35.

The previous generation of AB are only available to customers from his DecSoft customer area, under the "Releases" tab. As mentioned above, you can also upgrade your AB copy using the product updater.

Please, Danny, don't hesitate to post here any further questions.

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

If I understand you correctly, version 2020 is a totally new product and I will have to purchase if I would like to upgrade. Is this correct?
How about version 2019? Will this be continue to be supported and until when?

I try to update to version 2019.50 from the update option but it tells me I already have the latest version.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

If I understand you correctly, version 2020 is a totally new product and I will have to purchase if I would like to upgrade. Is this correct?

You're right. The new AB generation is an entirely new product, writen from the scratch, even when you can find similarities with the previous generation of the product. What you can purchase, then, is not an upgrade, but a new license of the new AB. Please, contact me via E-Mail, since I offer a discount for customers of the previous AB generation.

How about version 2019? Will this be continue to be supported and until when?

Not at all. The previous generation of AB is still available for customers only and it's intended to be maintained all the time that needed. We encourage to use the new generation of AB for new projects, however, you can continue using the previous AB if you wanted.

I try to update to version 2019.50 from the update option but it tells me I already have the latest version.

Yes; apparently some problem exists in your release, which don't allow to upgrade to the latest release. Please, do it manually. You can download the latest release of AB from your DecSoft customer area, under the "Releases" tab. Download and install it manually.

decsoft

Hello again, Danny,

I think this forum thread contains some posts that can be of your interests, thinking in the new AB. Please, take a look, and, anyway, ask here any further questions.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.