Trying to create apk file

Peter Bradstreet
Hi David,

I hope that you are well.

Full disclosure, I have decided to finish off my current app in AB1 as it is currently more complete and polished and converting everything over to AB2 with my meager javascript skills was becoming very time intensive.

I believe that you are right in what you are doing and probably for my next project I will start off in AB2 but I feel that AB1 is the route to go for me right now.

That being said, I am at a point in the development where I want to test everything in different devices so I have installed Android Studio so that I can use the emulator. So I am trying to find the easiest way to create the Android APK file to be able to install it into the emulator. I have followed your instructions at https://www.decsoftutils.com/blog/android-apps-with-decsoft-app-builder/ but when clicking on cordova_android_release.bat in the compiled folder I am getting the following error:

Could you please point me in the right direction to resolve this? If the error is resolved, will it be obvious where it creates the apk file? Cheers, Pete

decsoft

Hello Peter,

First of all, read also this help topic of the new generation of AB, which be also used for the previous one. If you have an Android device, you can attach it to your PC and use the "Run" BAT file, instead of the "Release" one: debug in a real device is better,... and not only faster.

About your specific error... first of all, a suggestiong: remember that, in some sense, Apache Cordova is out of the scope of AB (nor AB2), so, we can find around internet for information related with Apache Cordova errors... I am not talking that you can't post here, of course, but, that certainly you can get help faster (and the right one) searching in Google, for example, since Apache Cordova is widely used... to much than AB nor AB2, so it's easy to find the solutions of the errors... that are common errors and are found by many other people.

About the above specific error, are you installed the Java JDK? Maybe you have a Java version installed... but not specifically the Java JDK, which is needed. Start with that, Peter, install the Java JDK. I hope you can do it from this link.

decsoft

Hello Peter,

My bad english don't let me to explain what I wanted sometimes. I want to clarify my previous post. What I mean is that we can commonly use Google to search for something like "[Error message here] Apache Cordova". Adding the "magic" Apache Cordova words to the error message, give us the solution a 98% of the times, since Apache Cordova is widely used around the world, and, common problems, have their solutions already published and available.

But, I am saying that this support forum don't work or what? Nope! I am tring to say that we can be working in certain app, and, then, get some Apache Cordova related error, and, probably, we can perform a search like the explained above, so we have a 98% of possibilities to get the right answer, and therefore can continue working in the app as we wanted. That's all. No more, no less. I hope this time I explain better the idea that I want to transmit.

Peter Bradstreet
No worries, I understood your first response and I appreciate the tip on troubleshooting Cordova. Cheers, Pete

decsoft
Ok, Peter, but, please, please, please, continue to use this forum if you think that we can help, ok? :-)

Peter Bradstreet
I am pretty sure that you can count on that!

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.