Publish to iOS

Danny Cheah

Dear David,

I'm looking for instructions to publish my Apps on iOS. I have seen the video you put up but it's rather fast and I'm a bit lost. Is there any step by step instructions on how to compile and test it on a Mac and iPhone?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Danny.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

In fact it's more or less easy. Once you check the "iOS" platform in the app options, when you compile the app, you get various "SHELL" files. What you must to do is to copy the app "compiled" directory into a Mac OS. Once you get the files in the Mac OS, you can run one of the "SHELL" files, for example, the "debug" one. Once that "SHELL" file is executed, Apache Cordova has been generate a "project" ready to be opened by the XCode IDE.

And that's all. You can open the project with XCode and start to debug the app, launch it in an attached device, archive it, etc.

P.S. Note that we don't get a "success" message after execute the "SHELL" file in a Mac OS, in the same way that we get a "success" message when execute a "BAT" file for the Android platform in a Windows PC. Don't worry about that. Once the "SHELL" file ends, just close the console and goto XCode to open the generated project.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.