HTML Compiler: appShellExec vs appGetCmdOutput

Bryce Beattie

I'm writing a program that will use an external command to do some work, then get some results back from that external command.

If I use appShellExec, I can add all the needed arguments to the command, but I can't get back the output I need.

If I use appGetCmdOutput, I cannot include the arguments in the call to the external executable. If I try to include the arguments (example: "./sqlite3.exe test.db", I get a "file not exists" error.

I have tried to have the program write a windows .bat file with the command + arguments, and then running the bat file, but that is not working well, either.

Is there any way I can get you to add an optional Args argument so that the new call is appGetCmdOutput( string ExecPath, boolean hideWindow, string workingDir, string Args ) or something similar?

decsoft

Hello Bryce,

You are right. In fact, this function don't expect any arguments, since we must talk about a command line, not an executable path. There is a new release of DecSoft HTML Compiler that removes the file exists check when use the referred function. I hope you can get working what you wanted now.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.