Visual actions vs pure Javascript

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
I don't know if you are looking here for some feedback about the next version. The main trouble I have experienced with the next version is a blurry screen of all the interface. If you want some screenshot I can do.
The screen is blurred and it seems not to be related to the font's size.

Some remark too :
It seems AB will become a JavaScript editor loosing its language. I think to have understood it like that. If it is really the case, DecSoft could probably reach new customers but it could be a bit sad because the previous one was very easy for beginners. From what I saw with the alpha version, there is no option to insert some good old AB language in the code. Am I right about ?

Good luck David

Samuel Vanneste

Edit about blurriness:
right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.

Fixed :)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Yes; of course, your feedback is welcome. About the blurred screen, please, send me some capture or video so I can take a look: I can't see anything like that, so, we can take a look at what can happen.

About to use only Javascript code, certainly, I think this is the best possible way, Samuel. If you take a look at the editor Quick code list, the program want to provides help about the available methods and their arguments, in a similar way (in fact, better) than in the previous generation of the product.

So, even when we must use Javascript code, the IDE intention is to help us while write that code. But use Javascript code only have good advantages. Just think that the "actions" in the previous generation of the product, must be finally converted / translated to Javascript... well... we avoid that step.

But is not only a question of avoid the translator, that's not the main question: I did not pretend to save the work that the actions / Javascript translator requires. The point is that, in our own experience developing large apps, Javascript is required, the actions are not enough, and, it's not a question of the actions number.

Now all what you see while developing the app are exactly the same: Javascript code. All the variable types, for example, are always the expected ones, and not "masked" types, like in the case of the Boolean variables in the previous AB, which are not real Boolean variables, but string variables with a value of "true" or "false". And this is only a little sample, Samuel.

On the other hand the new DecSoft App Builder continue offering visual editors for the required controls properties, for example, the provided editor for the Items propety of the Dropdown control.

Give an opportunity to the new IDE, Samuel. Has been written from the scratch, taking in consideration our own experience developing apps with AB. Maybe the new product can't be sold "ready for newbies", like the previous AB, but, I really think that the decision to avoid the usage of the "actions" are something good for all of us, including these newbies... that are going to be no more newbies.

P.S. As you can probably see, the new AB incorporates the "Frames" concept, that you suggest time ago, do you remember? :-)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Edit about blurriness:

right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.

Fixed :)

Thanks for shared that here, however, please, send me some capture with the issue... I want to take a look at it with my own eyes. Maybe you have some particular configuration in the system? Because, in principle, we no need to touch any particular setting in order to get the program working as expected...

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
Thanks a lot for your replies. I have sent you an email with the screenshots and the configuration I use. I am going to try the new AB more as it is the future of our favourite IDE :)

Edit: Thanks for including the frames. That's very nice of DecSoft

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Yes; I already receive some E-Mails from you... including your purchase order, Samuel, let me to say here thanks for your support and your trust. After I end to write this post I want to reply to all your E-Mails propertly.

Yes; I really hope that finally with the new AB can be useful to you: remember that I am not only developing the IDE, but, also creates apps with the IDE... and I really think (is not an imposture) that the IDE can be really useful for that purpose.

Of course, I know the work is only started (ironically, because I am working from months ago in the new project...) but I am ready (it's my work) and want to continue developing the IDE and improving it in the future years. So forget (ok, with some affection) the "visual actions", Samuel, and say welcome to Javascript.

You know I am here (we are here) to try to help when needed.

Thanks very much again for your support, Samuel, I will go now to prepare your invoice and license, as well to reply to your other E-Mails.

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Please, download the program again, here are the links for Windows 64 and for for Windows 32. Some changes has been made in the program's manifest in order to be DPI awareness. Please, try the program again (when possible), setting the "backward compatibility off", since, in principle, that options is no needed in this case.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
I do confirm that it is working. That new release fixes the blurriness. The appearance is the same as the old AB version.
Many thanks for the quick fix

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Thanks! Yes; I must look into this a bit more, however, thanks for confirm that the blurried issue is gone.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.