Android App Bundle

Danny Cheah

Hi David.

I managed to follow the instructions listed in this forum to build a signed release apk. Unfortunately when I want to upload to Google Play Store, it says my app is unoptimized APK. The resolution given to me is to use Android App Bundle to automatically optimise for device configuration.

Does this means that the app i develop using AB is not accepted by Google Play?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

The message that you get is just a warning notice, that is, don't cause that your app cannot be published in the store. The point is that Apache Cordova don't support Android Bundles yet, but probably want to support it in the near future. If you don't want to way, here there are some instructions that may can help you to get a "bundle" of the app.

Danny Cheah
Hi David, although it's only a warning, it does not allow me to roll out to production because the button is grey out. I'm so closed yet so far from publishing my app on Google Play Store. I would like to know if Android App Bundle works with AB's apk? In other words, can I use the APK generated from AB to build the App Bundle required by Google Play Store?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

It's quite rare... just yesterday we update an Android app passing with that warning around... without problems... if now the Android bundle is mandatory, this is completely new for me. In principle the guys of Apache Cordova must support it when possible, I supose. On the other hand, read twice the article linked above, since some guy offer a possible way to create the bundle using Android Studio.

DecSoft App Builder help us to design our apps, to codify it, prepare for us the right Apache Cordova stuff, like configuration files, icons, splash screens, BAT files for Windows and SHELL files for Mac OS, etc., etc., but, in fact the responsible to create the Android APK is Apache Cordova, in other words, it's beyond to AB what we do with our created apps: we can compile it with Cordova, use it "as is" in the browsers, etc.

So... yes, maybe if you can found an utility that creates a bundle from an APK or something like that... in principle you can do it, that is, that APK is not different to any other APK in the world. But take care, Danny, read twice the Google Store submission form: I will insists: just yesterday we update an Android app (uploading the appropriate APK) and the "bundle notice" don't cause that we can't update it, so it's just a warning for us.

P.S. Maybe it's stupid, but, be sure that you choose something like "Upload APK", and not "Upload bundle", since what you have right now is the first one and not the second one.

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for being such a great help to me during my app development especially a newbie like myself first time attempting to build an app. Thank you for App Builder otherwise I don't know even where to start.

Our event on Sunday 18th August went pretty well. We launch the App and everyone was so excited about it. On Sunday we did a pre-launch of the app and finally today, I received another good news from Google that our App is now live on Google PlayStore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbuilder.asianbeacon

Thank you again and God Bless your kind soul.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

What to say... always thanks very much for your trust! We are happy that you can create with our software, and, we want that you continue creating with our software in the future. We will continue working hard enhancing our products and supporting our customers. So always thanks you, Danny!

decsoft

Hello to all,

I am not yet tested, but, according to this entry in the Apache Cordova blog, the new Cordova Android 8.1.0, provide support for app bundles. :-)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.