CloseWindow Action - Where to place it.

Danny Cheah

Dear David,

I am using several OpenWindows command in my application to open up pdf files. To go back to the previous screen, I will use the device back key to go back. What happen is the pdf will close but it show a blank screen and I have to press the back button on my device again before it goes back to the calling screen. I know I should use the CloseWindow action but I do not know where to place it so that when a user use the device back key, it will go back to the calling screen.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

I managed to resolve this problem already. What I did wrong was to show an empty view and then use the OpenWindow command. I didn't know that the OpenWindow actually open a new window on its own. So what I did was to just call the OpenWindow command directly without Showing an empty View.

Sorry if I caused you to look into my self created problem. My sincere apologies.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

No problem at all! Note anyway that the "CloseWindow" action is intended to be used only if we need to take control of the opened window. In fact, the last argument of the "OpenWindow", give us an identifier that we can use with the "CloseWindow", but for other things too. However, the "CloseAction" window only works in the browsers, not in platforms like Android, iOS, etc.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.