Sample App for User Subsription

Danny Cheah
Dear All, Is there a sample app that I can refer to create a sign up form in App Builder? Thanks Danny.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

In AB we don't have the concept of "forms", but, can send anything to the app's server in order to be processed. That is, you can place an Input control in one app's view, and, then, place a button to "submit" that input information. What you must to do is to use an HTTP Client control. The HTTP Client control point to an specific URL of your app's server, for example, a possible "register.php" script.

So you can call to that "register.php" script with the HTTP Client control, sending to the script the content of the Input control, and, it's just a sample: of course you can use more than one Input controls if you need it. The point is that, after the app send the register information, the server side is responsible to get that information and proceed with the register of the user, for example, inserting a new record in certain database table.

So the sequence can be resumed in these steps:

1. Prepare the required Input controls and proceed to send their information to the server using an HTTP Client control.
  2. Once you call to "register.php", that script's response can be a "success", for example, or an error message, or whatever else, so you can control in the app what happen with the register process.

There is no more points... because we certainly no need more point in the client side. Again, the client side (our app) send the user information (Input controls) to the server, and, it's the server duty to proceed with the user registration. In other words, we need to work in the client side and also in the server side, in order to complete the register process.

There are various HTTP Client samples included in AB, for example, the "Login" sample let you know also how to send to a server the contents of certain Input controls. But please, Danny, go ahead and post here if you have any specific question around this question and we will try to help you.

P.S. Maybe one thing can be added here: the validation. You can and must validate the user's information in the client side, but also in the server side. So, for example, if you ask the user for a name, but the user don't provide a name in the right Input, you must check this in the client side, so, you can inform to the user that the user's name is missing. After you made the call to the server, the server must also validate the information again, and, only proceed with the register process if everything is ok.

Mark Stow
Hello David, I cant seem to find the "Login" sample in App Builder 2020.26? please could you post an link to download this sample. kind regards Mark

decsoft

Hello Mark,

Yes; the sample that you mention is available in the previous generation of AB, but, not in the new one. I am working hard in certain "big feature" for the next release, but, may I can have sometime to prepare the sample also for the new generation of AB. In fact, it's not complicated: if you download the previous AB (you can do it from the Releases tab of your customer area), you can probably figure our how to "translate" the sample to the new AB.

Anyway, I will try to give some time to prepare that sample for the new AB and therefore include it with the installation of the product.

P.S. Ok... I will start to translate the sample right now... I will post it here when finish.

decsoft

Hello Mark,

Ok; here is the Login sample of the previous generation of AB, "translated" to the new generation of the product: Press here to download the sample. This sample will be also included in next release of DecSoft App Builder.

Mark Stow
Hello David, thank you so much for your time and hard work. kind regards mark

decsoft

Hello Mark,

Always thanks you for your support, sir. Please, don't hesitate to post here any further question: remember to start a new thread if necessary.

Todo el mundo puede leer el foro de soporte de DecSoft para aprender del mismo, sin embargo, sólo los clientes de DecSoft pueden abrir nuevos hilos. Compre una o más licencias de productos de DecSoft y obtendrá este y otros beneficios.

Este sitio utiliza "cookies" útiles para almacenar sus preferencias.

Bien. Ocultar esta nota. Obtener más información.