A mini chat sample

Asley Cruz
Hi David,
Is there a way o sample to include a mini chat in our apps ?

Options with select user name, a little avatar.
Hope to find a positive answer :)
Many thanks bro
AsleyCruz.com

Graphic & Web Designer

My app: AC Biblia

My game: AC Trivlia

decsoft

Hello Asley,

There is nothing like a "mini" chat... in the sense than a "chat" is not something "mini" or "easy"... The best way to implement a chat, in my experience, is by using the control WebSocket. Unfortunately, a websocket server is something that cannot be implemented in a shared hosting, for example: we need a dedicated server in order to install something like a websocket server.

A websocket server allows not only to implement a "mini" chat, but, something more complete, similar to Whatsapp, we can know if an user is online or offline, if an user is typing, etc. If you can't install a websocket server, then may you can investigate another possible ways to implement a chat. The "Pusher" control (who uses certain thirdparty service) can be a good start point.

Some possible PHP or other server's side solutions can work too... or maybe some possible thirdparty Javascript (client side) or thirdparty server's side solution. even when nothing (in my experience) can be compared to a websocket server and the Websocket control.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.