Setup Windows to generate Android *.APK

Ade Wale

This is how to set up your Windows Environment for the android *.APK file and configure your keystone, Sign your apk and zip align video.

How to Set up Windows OS Environment for Decsoft AppBuilder, so that we will be able to build APK files without depending on third party machine to do it for us.

Download and install Java JDK: press here

Download and install Java JRE: press here

Download and install NodeJS: press here (Recommended for most users)

Download Git and install: press here

Install Apache Cordova (Windows Commandline) – npm install –g cordova

Download and install Android SDK: press here

Thanks David for making AppBuilder.

decsoft

Hello Ade,

Many thanks for share this with us!

Please, allow to place here a couple of notes that may can also help:

1. I see you run the AB generated BAT files as an admin, but, in fact, this is not required at all: Cordova and other stuff can work properly even if the user is not an admin. Well. It's not a problem to run the BAT as admin, however, it's not really required.
  2. I see you use the Signer tools included by App Builder. Well. In fact, it's completely possible to use these tools to sign the APK files, however, we can use the App options -> Cordova -> Android -> Sign options, in order to do it automatically when we build the APK. *

* We can use the Key Store tool to generate our app's key store file. Once we do that, we can simply use the referred options and then, we no need to use the APK Signer tool nor the APK Zip align tool.

Thanks very much again, Ade! :-)

We can always follow the official documentation of Apache Cordova in order to prepare our system to be ready with Apache Cordova and therefore to can compile APK files from Windows, for example. Here is the official documentation to be ready with the Android platform in Windows, for example. Once we properly install Apache Cordova, then we can use the integration which DecSoft App Builder provides, in order to compile debug APKs, releases APKs, etc., etc.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.