Debugging javascript in HTML Compiler

Bryce Beattie

When I compile a program and run the compiled executable, I get the following error:

error

When I load the same page (which loads that ui.js file) in any browser, I do not get any javascript errors. If I ignore the error and "continue running scripts" everything seems to work, but I would really like to track down what's causing that error.

I suspect it's a syntax error generated by whatever version of javascript the Web Browser Control is using, as I got a similar error before for a different issue, and was able to solve it with a polyfill. Is there any way to get a better detailed error message, or to show a javascript console, like I'd do in a browser?

decsoft

Hello Bryce,

Are you try that code with Internet Explorer? We can't show any console like in Chrome, because the WebBrowser control do not provide something like that. Maybe out there exists some Javascript librarary for debugging purposes... but anyway, if we are talking, for example, about some Javascript syntax that is not supported by Internet Explorer or the Web Browser control... then probably we can't do nothing, except to try to search for a possible polyfill, as you already know... certainly the error message is not very clear... but it's what the system / WebBrowser control offer... maybe this leak of information mean something like that the error is a syntax error... something not supported in the Javascript engine that the WebBrowser uses...

Bryce Beattie
I was afraid of that. As I've looked around, apparently this is a common issue when using the WebBrowser control. Oh, well. I'll figure out what's causing it.

decsoft

Hello Bryce,

You try the code in Internet Explorer 11? The WebControl in HTML Compiler try to emulate that version of the browser, if available in the system, of course. Finally we can say that we are using the latest version of the installed or available Internet Explorer version. In principle, with this and other configurations that HTML Compiler does, our WebControl must work similar to Internet Explorer 11. Maybe with some issues, of course...

I will insists that, if I am not wrong, probably the error is a syntax error... something that is simply not supported by the WebControl / installed Internet Explorer version.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.