Problem with literal text vs variables in AB

Amin Mousavi
Hi David,

There is I think a problem with variables in AB that I have meant to ask for long time, but it just slips my mind.
Lets look at the below example: It is expected that "test" to be treated as a text the first time and a variable the second time but, both time it is treated as a variable, that some times complicates stuff. Is it supposed to work like this or it is a bug?
Thanks.

decsoft

Hello Amin,

Certainly "test" is taken as a variable, so you are right. It's not exactly a bug, but, the expected behaviour right now. I want to take a look at this, Amin, maybe we can find a proper way to enhance it.

Amin Mousavi
Hi David,

I thought the same, it is not hard to handle but it becomes confusing sometimes in function arguments and I think for setoption and getoption, Anyhow I think it took my attention when I noticed using [] for variables is not mandatory but more like a courtesy. I am more a PHP/SQL programmer and so I would prefer the mandatory [] for variables but JS guys may think otherwise. Any how, It has your attention now ;-). Thanks a mill

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.