[SOLVED] How to test the Code Minimizer ?

Samuel Vanneste

Hello,
I wanted to test the Code Minimizer's option because I am still worrying (or trying to find) about the proper way to protect my scripts when used on the web.

If I well understand it, I was expecting : "Javascript and CSS code become non human friendly readable"

What I have done is to create a sample app, saved it, started the code minimizer and built the app. After that, I was gone inside the compiled app's folder and especially the builder & app "scripts" folders.

Inside the builder folder, the builder.js seems to be minimized. But inside the app folder, the app.js is readable

In the same time, the views inside the app's views folder seem to be minimized but not the ones inside the builder's view folder.

Please, do you see what I am missing ? Many thanks :)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

I think you are inverted the steps, that is, first we need to build the app, and then use the minimizer tool. Think that everytime we build the app the code come again without minimize. On the other hand, you can create a Batch file to build your app. As you can see in the Batch file tool, we can check an option to minimize the code. Then, when we execute the Batch file, App Builder build your app and automatically after minimize their code.

Hope this can help you Samuel. Tell me if you have further questions.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
You are right, I did inverted the steps. Many thanks for having put me in the right direction :)

decsoft

No problem Samuel!

About possible ways to protect our apps, think that, on the client side, anybody can take a look at the source, just like in every web site, for example. However, certain things may can be doing in a server: in general terms nobody have access to the server, so our server code is more or less protected.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
I do agree about the server side of course. That's the way I usually work with my mobile apps.
That's probably a lack of knowledge and I will have to learn a little more but, if I create a GUI with App Builder, I will expose the parameters names and the web services scripts url too.
Even more, when using the developers tools included in modern web browsers, all the variables become readable. I am not used to that.
But I will find a solution.

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Yes; we can expose certain server URLs, but that does not mean the server response are the same for every request. For example, supose we want to get certain user information from a server database. In an HTTP call (using an HTTP client control) we can include certain user name and password, then, the server only give us the user information if the name and password are correct and not in other case.

We expose the URL for our login script in the server, but, never expose the user name and password.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.