[idea] functions visibility in the IDE

Samuel Vanneste

Hello,
Could it be possible to have a way to hide some functions from the Actions list (not from the Function's manager) in the IDE (I would call them sub functions, called from an existing function to provide it a result) ?
For the moment, I do prefix them with a z (ex: zMySubFunction) but I do see a lot of them in the list.

[img=f1.png]https://www.decsoftutils.com/_support/uploads/d08d7651cf154c19e75141515b3cf9e4.png[/img]

Having a folder to put them in or only an IDE visibility option, could be perfect

Many thanks :)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

I am not sure if can understand exactly what you wanted. Certainly the actions' and controls' docks provide an editbox to filter the items, but probably this is not what you wanted, don't you? I understand (but probably wrong) you want to hide some functions from the list? Using certain function's name prefix? If so I think this is possible, but, I am not quite sure about their performance or how to specify the possible prefix or prefixes...

decsoft

Hello again!

Hello Samuel,

I am not sure if can understand exactly what you wanted. Certainly the actions' and controls' docks provide an editbox to filter the items, but probably this is not what you wanted, don't you? I understand (but probably wrong) you want to hide some functions from the list? Using certain function's name prefix? If so I think this is possible, but, I am not quite sure about their performance or how to specify the possible prefix or prefixes...

On the other hand... the currently available "filter" can do that... except that we can choose what to show, but not what to hide. Maybe, if you wanted something like that, I can take a look at how a possible "negation filter" can be implemented in the functions' filter editbox.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
Thanks for your attention and your proposal. I wonder if a "negation filter" would be the solution if we have to always set it. Perhaps should we think or let others express their meaning about before asking you to want working on that point.
But thanks again for the attention :)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Hello David,
Thanks for your attention and your proposal. I wonder if a "negation filter" would be the solution if we have to always set it. Perhaps should we think or let others express their meaning about before asking you to want working on that point.
But thanks again for the attention :)

I leave sometime, but, I will try with a negative filter when possible and if possible, even when I am not sure if this can be useful here Samuel, because, in fact a filter must "stay" in order to be effective, that is, in order to work...

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.