Custom app icons and splash screens not working in cordova-android v6

Ade Wale

Hi David,

There is an issue with the icon I added to the Icon file path.

The is no problem with the icon.png itself but after compile, the icon displayed on my phone is different from what I used.

[img=IconIssue.png]https://www.decsoftutils.com/_support/uploads/dc1ef6a14499dc98e9016a550df174ae.png[/img]

This is what the icon is on my phone.

[img=cordova_bot.png]https://www.decsoftutils.com/_support/uploads/1071387db2a619ad8793bf8b94e0393a.png[/img]

What could caused the issue?

decsoft

Hello edunt,

Apparently there is a bug in the latest version that causes the problem. The solution probably is to downgrade Apache Cordova into a previous version. Look also here for possible workarounds and and other solutions edunt.

Tinn Aphopchung

My trick is after build project with cordova first time.I copy "res" folder in compile folder to "platforms\android\res" folder.
Then build with cordova again.It fix this bug.

decsoft

Hello to tall,

My trick is after build project with cordova first time.I copy "res" folder in compile folder to "platforms\android\res" folder.
Then build with cordova again.It fix this bug.

Then maybe it's possible to use the "xcopy" command in the Extra BAT file option in the Cordova tabs of the app's options dialog in order to copy or move the icons... but anyway this bug was fixed in the next Apache Cordova release, or maybe we can downgrade to a 5.x version in order to avoid the problem.

Ade Wale

Hi Tin & David,

Thanks for the info. I will use xcopy.

decsoft

Hello to all,

Another possible solution is to "downgrade" Apache Cordova. We can open a console (as admin) and type this:

Once the uninstallation end we can then type this:

The 6.3.1 version of Apache Cordova doesn't have the introduced bug with the app's icons.

Ade Wale

Notes:
This issue is solved in `cordova-android 6.1.0` but if you try `cordova platform update android` at this moment doesn't update to `6.1.0`.

Run...

... to solve this issue.

decsoft

Hello to all,

Notes:
This issue is solved in `cordova-android 6.1.0` but if you try `cordova platform update android` at this moment doesn't update to `6.1.0`.
Run
```bash
cordova platform update android@6.1.0 --save
cordova platform rm android
cordova platform add android
```
to solve this issue.

If you suggest to install Cordova 6.1.0 version, but, the icons bug is not in the 6.3.1 version... it's not better to install the 6.3.1 version? I just asking edunt... :)

Ade Wale
Hello to all,
If you suggest to install Cordova 6.1.0 version, but, the icons bug is not in the 6.3.1 version... it's not better to install the 6.3.1 version? I just asking edunt... :)

Hi David,

You are right. I just added the command syntax for others, moreover, at the time of writing the command the version was 6.1.

Cheers.

decsoft

Hello to all,

No problem! It's good to know how we can install some specific version of Apache Cordova edunt. :)

decsoft

Hello to all,

Just to say that the currently available Apache Cordova 6.5.0 version finally solve the problem with the app's icon. Anyone who want to upgrade, just open a console (press WIN + R and then type "cmd" and then ENTER) and write something like this:

Ade Wale

Good to know. Thanks David.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.