About Launcher sample and iOS

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,

I studied the new Launcher sample app and noticed in the comment a reference to iOS (somthing I never thought previously) : ..."Note that this app sample only works in Android and iOS"...

But in the same time, when I go into the App Options, I can not see any Batch Files selection for iOS. So, I would like to know the proper way to do : will it work by generating the Android batch files always, please ?

Many thanks

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Certainly this can be a little confuse. If I am not wrong we can't use Apache Cordova to compile iOS apps from Microsoft Windows (*), and, since App Builder is a Windows program, there is no sense to include a builder file for the iOS platform.

However, App Builder produced apps can be compiled for the iOS platform using Apache Cordova, but this need to be does from a OS X computer and with the required software SDK installed, like is described in this Apache Cordova help.

So the help about the Launcher plugin mean is the plugin is only available for the iOS and the Android platforms. App Builder can help you with the build file for the Android platform, not for the iOS platform. But the plugin works in both.

(*) Maybe we can compile apps for iOS using the Adobe Build service, but I recommend the Apache Cordova CLI version, and, on the other hand, I never try with an iOS app, to be honest.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,

Thanks for the very quick reply. You are right, I was a bit confused about (too used to generating from Windows for now). I do have a Mac and will try to compile the example from it.

So, if I do understand correctly, I won't have to check any "Batch Files" option but only the "Create a Cordova config file" option ?

Wishing you a happy weekend :)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Yes; in principle we need the "config.xml" file. In fact the required plugin is also refered in the "config.xml" file. My concern is if need to specify we want to add the required plugin from the possible build file in Mac OS.

Certainly App Builder build files (for Windows) instruct Apache Cordova to add the required plugin, but I don't know if this is really needed in Mac OS or Apache Cordova can take what plugins are required from the "config.xml" file as we can expect.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.