Can we use a Label control to open a link from our apps?

Ade Wale

Hi David,

Can you add new feature for Label so that it will have url link (external web address)?

Thanks

decsoft

Hello Ade,

What about use the Label's "Click event" and the "OpenWindow" action? Or the HTML control... :)

Ade Wale
Hello Ade,

What about use the Label's "Click event" and the "OpenWindow" action? Or the HTML control... :)

@David:

I am aware of OpenWindow. But I don't to use it because it will open the broswer.

What I would like to do is to let the users click the link and it will download the file.

About Click event action, I have not see it. How do you use it?

Thanks

decsoft

Hello Ade,

We probably want to use something like the "OpenWindow" action since our apps can runs in platforms like Android, in which we can't simply open links as we do in the browser. Links can be good inside IFrames (in fact works like a charm in the Android platform, for example), and, if you need to use it... you can use the HTML control to put whatever link you wanted.

About the "Click event", I refer to the Label's "Click event", you know, the place in which we can prepare some actions to be called when the user click or tap the Label. This event exists in almost all controls too.

Ade Wale

Hi David,

Actually, what you explained in the first paragraph is what I have done.e.g I created a responsive web page with all the links I needed then placed the single on my webserver and embed the link inside AB using iframe.

I did try that before but I am not sure how to use Label.change colour when hover (Focus tab) the Label control.

Anyway project done.

Thanks.

decsoft

Hello Ade,

I did try that before but I am not sure how to use Label.change colour when hover (Focus tab) the Label control.

In fact we no need to do nothing more than set a "color" for the Label from the "Hover" inspector tab. No more than that. If we need something more, of course, we can always use some CSS rules using the App Inline CSS option or just some prepared CSS stylesheet file. :)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.