[Replied] The "Return" action

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David and the others,
This message is not urgent at all because I have no need for the moment. Could you please provide a "quick and dirty" example (or point me to an existing example) that shows how to use that action ?

I read that it is used in the app functions App Builder script to provide a JavaScript result when needed. But I can't understand how the return is done. In fact, if I am not wrong, App Builder's functions don't work as NB ones where the return variable can be set (or I have missed that and always use the same [returning] variable, clearing it at the start of the called function.

Many thanks

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

The Return action can be used in at least two cases: when we want to return or "exit" the function's block (just because certain condition is true or something like that), and, also to provide a function's return value.

Since we can mix pure Javascript and App Builder code, sometimes we may need that an app's function return something, just like Javascript functions can does. However, commonly we no need to use the Return action, in the sense than App Builder plays with the "variable result" concept. That is, App Builder action's and also functions can set certain specified variable to be used to place the action or function result.

If you have any further question or doubt, please, don't hesitate to post it Samuel.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
I feel bad to make you work a Saturday evening. So, I do thank you a lot for the information you kindly provided.

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

No problem at all! I am happy to help. May I can prepare some little sample about the "Return" action... give me some minutes Samuel...

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Here is a very little sample, but may we can take an idea about:

ReturnFunction.zip

Samuel Vanneste

+10101010 - Thanks a lot for your example, David :)

decsoft

You're welcome sir! :)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.