How do I use a checkbox control value to determine html for a report?

Mike Felker

I have four checkboxes that stand for 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 and 128x128

I have a report with HTML that loads in images to be chosen.

I use the height and width variables in the tag to define the graphics size.

I want to be able for the user to choose one (and only one) checkbox and then when the graphic is clicked, a second screen comes up (from the Report3 sample) and loads in the graphic. It is there I would like the height and width to match the checked box.

I already have all this working EXCEPT for the checkbox to tag height and width.

Here is the HTML I am using:

In other programming languages, I would define the variable and then have the tag be

I also get that I would likely need an if/then statement somewhere.

If chkSizeBoxing16=1 then x="16"
If chkSizeBoxing32=1 then x="32"
If chkSizeBoxing64=1 then x="64"
If chkSizeBoxing128=1 then x="128"

I'm just not sure how to do this with app builder.

I also am not sure how to make sure the person ONLY checks one of the four choices. I would have done a dropdown but I do not like how it was looking.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

Certainly we can use variables in the Reports (in fact you do it right now) something like the below one:

On the other hand, maybe the Checkboxes control are not the most addecuate when we want to let the user to choose one of some possible options. Are you tried with Radio controls or, maybe better, the Select control?

Mike Felker

That worked perfectly with the select control.

I've got this app licked.

Mike

Mike Felker

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.