What flat file databases work with App Builder?

Mike Felker

How would I store all the emoji pictures into a flat file database or some way to embed them into the actual app so they don't have to load from a website or web server?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hola Mike,

You can include images in the application using the application's file's manager. See at the Menu -> App -> Files's manager.

Mike Felker

I've added the images to the File Manager - that part was easy. But then how do you access them? What is the process? Please provide a code example. How would I put them in a grid?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

Various app samples shown us how to use images, for example, the "Animation" app sample. The "Report4" app sample, on the other hand, shown us how to include an app's image file in a Report control. Other "Report*" shown the same: if you change the remote reserved images URLs to app's images URLs (and include the appropiate images) the behaviour is exactly the same.

Mike Felker

The problem is I load in the samples and some of it I just don't get? Where are the images? Where's the code? I look all over but it's just not obvious enough for me.

Take report4 sample. I see in file manager the css file and graphic file. Where is the Lorum Ipsem text coming from? How is it that there is quite a lot of rows?

None of this is obvious to me. I feel like I have to reverse engineer these samples.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

I just take a look at the many "Report*" includes samples and finally found than the "Report3" app samples does exactly what you wanted, that is, uses app's images to be show in a Report control. Please, Mike, take a look at that sample.

Mike Felker

I tried to retrofit the report sample 3 to work with my images and all it does is say loading (as per the "loading" parameter).

Everything seems to match up (file names are correct), json file seems correct???

What have I done wrong? I sent you the file.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

Yeah. I receive the compiled application, which is not the same than the project file. Anyway I send you a reply via email. If the sample works for you, then the problem is in your own application Mike.

Mike Felker

Hmmm. I used the report3 sample and simply loaded in my graphics and then used notepad++ to edit the .json file to read my graphics.

The rest is the exact sample - unchanged.

Any thoughts?

How do you save your .json files? Is it just like an .xml file or do you have to use a very particular program to write a .json file. I've heard of JSON but never heard of a .json file.

Mike

Mike Felker

Mike Felker

I emailed you. I will upload my project to my server for you to download.

Mike

Mike Felker

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.