Problem with testing app

Mike Felker

When I try to test an app lately, I get a html error page instead of the app.

It's trying to access http://127.0.0.1 or something like that (looks like localhost) and all I am getting is errors.

It used to work.

I have updated the software when new updates came up and the update feature in App Builder seems to be broken - I get an error when it tries to download it, so I am forced to download it from the website.

Help is appreciated.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

First of all, sorry for the inconveniences. Certainly a past AB release introduce certain error with the updater, which put us in the situation of download the new release manually. The error is fixed, then, if you are downloaded the current version, then you can continue using the updater for the newest releases.

About the problem with the localhost... I did not remember any change in App Builder around that. Maybe the problem is caused if you have running another local HTTP server in your computer. App Builder uses their own HTTP server for debugging, and they can enter in conflict with others, if uses the same port.

Take a look at the App Builder program's options. Look for the Debugger tab and then try to change the default "9999" port to other like "9998". Close App Builder and start it again. If the problem persist, please, provide me a capture of the application with the error. And anyway take a look at other HTTP servers running in your computers and what port they uses.

P.S. Maybe you don't remember to install a pure HTTP server like Apache or other, however, note than programs like the NetBeans IDE, Android Studio and others can setup an HTTP server for their work.

Mike Felker

I tried that. The problem persists.

http://www.mfelkerco.com/problem.jpg

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

Ok. This is quite rare. Please, uninstall App Builder (of course take care with your apps project files) and assert you delete their installation directory (by default at "C:\Program Files\David Esperalta\AppBuilder"). Then download the program again from the below link:

https://www.decsoftutils.com/download/appbuilder

Next, install the downloaded release, choose one of the included samples and try to debug it. If the problem persist, please, tell me.

Mike Felker

I uninstalled app builder. Deleted the david esperelta directory. Re-installed a fresh copy (run as admin) and then ran a sample (calculator) - tried to debug it and same problem.

Now what?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

Please, download Team Viewer and write me an email telling your ID and password. Doing that I can connect to your computer to take a look personally. Do you wanted that?

Mike Felker

In a bit. Eating dinner right now.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

In a bit. Eating dinner right now.

Mike

Maybe we need to get in touch tomorrow... here is too late... anyway I wait a little until end some other tasks.

Mike Felker

How about using join.me instead?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

I never uses it before, but, ok. Go ahead!

Mike Felker

OK. My meeting number is https://join.me/507-211-984

Mike

Mike Felker

Mike Felker

David is such a good person, he helped me fix my problem.

The best support I have ever seen.

David, App Builder is now working 100% and IE and Edge now work as well.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

David is such a good person, he helped me fix my problem.

The best support I have ever seen.

David, App Builder is now working 100% and IE and Edge now work as well.

Mike

Good to know finally you got it! Thanks for your kindly words Mike!

Mike Felker

I will email you tomorrow about helping me finish this app.

Mike

Mike Felker

Hi
Excuse me! Can I khnow what was the problem?
Because I had a problem like this and I forced to restore my pc to an earlier backup, then reinstalled AppBuilder!

decsoft

Hello,

Hi
Excuse me! Can I khnow what was the problem?
Because I had a problem like this and I forced to restore my pc to an earlier backup, then reinstalled AppBuilder!

Please, can you describe your problem and provide some additional information like an screen capture or something? Without that information it's very difficult to help. Almost impossible.

Mike Felker

Usually diagnosing the browser and internet connection solves the problem after a reboot.

Mike

Mike Felker

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.