How do I populate a iFrame with a website

Mike Felker

I have the following command:

HttpExecute "http://www.mfelkerco.com/emojiapp/www/app/baseball.html"

I want it to execute in some kind of a container or frame. How do I do this?

Also, I have several options in a dropdown. If the user chooses one, I want them to load the appropriate html file into the same container. How would I do this?

Do I clear it first and then load in the html file? What is the best way to do this?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

I think the HttpExecute action usage is not correct, since they expect the name of an HttpClient control. On the other hand, the IFrame control allow us to shown certain URL in an IFrame, and we must use the IFrame Url variable to do it, for example:

About the DropDown control, we must act with the above in the mind, that is, check the user's choosed item and set the IFrame Url accordingly.

Hi David,

Thanks once more for this marvelous work you are doing.
I have created an app with an Iframe and a Menu, I have debugged and compressed the app. I later uploaded it to Adobe Phonegap build, but when I tested the app I cant see the content of the Iframe.

P.S
I sent u a mail earlier

decsoft

Hello there,

Hi David,

Thanks once more for this marvelous work you are doing.

I have created an app with an Iframe and a Menu, I have debugged and compressed the app. I later uploaded it to Adobe Phonegap build, but when I tested the app I cant see the content of the Iframe.

P.S. I sent u a mail earlier

We recommend to use Apache Cordova instead of Adobe Phonegap. However, can you see the IFrame's URL loaded when you debug the application from App Builder or a web browser?

P.S. Please don't send emails when you post in the forum: I already receive an email when this occur. On the other hand, please open a new forum's thread when you have new questions, then we can maintain the forum better.

My appologies.
I actually debuged and it worked well on the browser.
Since u already recommended the apache cordova i will try that.
But were u able to check the file i sent?

decsoft

Hello there,

My appologies.

I actually debuged and it worked well on the browser.

Since u already recommended the apache cordova i will try that.

But were u able to check the file i sent?

If the IFrame works in the debugger (web browser) I can't imagine why they can't work once the application is compiled with Cordova, then yes, please try it. About the file you talk to me sorry but I did not receive any file.

Hi David,

I worked on an Iframe and the view cant be zoomed in or out. Pls help. what should be done

I am not try it, but, are you sure the the IFrame contents can be zoomed alone? On the other hand, are you checked (it's checked by default) the App's "Allow user zoom" option? You can find it in the app's options dialog under the "Interface" tab.

P.S. Please, open new threads if you have new questions, so we can maintain the forum better.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.