A bug in npOnEdgeActive

• d
  • h
  • m
  • s

Susan McDonald

My understanding is that if there are multiple rectangle objects in an app, then they can share a single OnEdgeActive subroutine so, if there is initialization code like this:

then in the OnEdgeActive subroutine, it can look something like this, where I am expecting the [Rectangle] variable to contain the name of the rectangle object that is now active.

But when I try this, [Rectangle] is empty each time OnEdgeActive is called. Am I misunderstanding how it is supposed to work? There isn't a sample with more than one rectangle to compare with, but I think what I am expecting is how it is explained in the npEdge Help.

decsoft

Hello Susan,

You are right, Susan: testing here, I can see a bug in the npOnEdgeActive action, which causes that the specified subroutine did not receive the rectangle name in the specified [Rectangle] variable. I am updating the plugin and when the new release are ready I will inform to you here.

decsoft

Hello Susan,

A new release of the npEdge plugin has been published, fixing the bug that you found in the npOnEdgeActive subroutine.

Susan McDonald

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of npEdge, and can confirm that the subroutine called by npOnEdgeActive now has the name of the rectangle object.

Thank you for the update.

decsoft

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of npEdge, and can confirm that the subroutine called by npOnEdgeActive now has the name of the rectangle object.

Thank you for the update.

You're welcome, Susan!

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.