How Do You Do This

• d
  • h
  • m
  • s

Ade Wale

Hi David,

I was trying to reproduce spinning in weather sample, How do you do this "text-primary fa fa-spinner fa-spin fa-3x" with Blank

Can you make sample project with blank form?

Thanks

decsoft

Hello Ade,

I am not sure if can understand very well. You mentioned certain CSS classes (from the Bootstrap CSS and the FontAwesome frameworks) but I am not sure what you wanted exactly, since you can copy the HTML control which declares the spin...

Can you please explain me a little more? Thanks!

Ade Wale

Hi David,
What I want to do is, when app is click, spinning will be loading and then display new form.
The idea is similar to loading banner image.
Thanks.

decsoft

Hello,

What about the "Hide" and "Show" actions? The Spiner are in an HTML control that can be hide/show using that actions. What is the point you can't get working Ade?

Ade Wale
Hello,

What about the "Hide" and "Show" actions? The Spiner are in an HTML control that can be hide/show using that actions. What is the point you can't get working Ade?

What I can't get working is, spinner to redirect to another form after 5-7 seconds of spinning.

decsoft

Hello Edunt,

I think you need a Timer control. Once you "active" the spinner, start a Timer who wait for certain seconds to "deactive" the spinner and stop by itself.

Ade Wale

OK, how do I write code for timer control to active view1 form after 10s?

Thanks.

decsoft

Hello,

Take a look at this attached sample: 10SecsTimer.zip

The approach followed is to start a Timer with an interval of 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds) and use the Timer interval to active/change to another view.

Ade Wale
Hello,

Take a look at this attached sample: 10SecsTimer.zip

The approach followed is to start a Timer with an interval of 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds) and use the Timer interval to active/change to another view.

Hi,

Ah! Thanks, simple than I thought.

decsoft

Hello,

Ah! Thanks, simple than I thought.

You're welcome Ade!

Ade Wale
Hi David, I'm trying to replicate the spinning sample in AB2 and it is not working. Please can you advise on how to do it?

decsoft

Hello Ade,

Maybe this link of the Font Awesome Icons website can be of your interest. If fact you can paste the below code in an AB2 view, so an HTML control will be created, with the "spinners" already working:

Ade Wale
Hi David, Let me tell you what I want to do. I'm porting my project from AB1 to AB2. I understand that part. However I want the view2 to display after spanning view1 timer (10s) finished.

decsoft

Hello Ade,

AB2 also have a Timer control, so you can use it in a similar way than in your AB1 project. However, maybe a "setTimeout" function can be enough, so you can place the below code in your "view1" Show event:

The above code is more or less simple to understand: after 10 seconds (10000 milliseconds), we use the "app.ShowView()" method to show the "view2" app's view.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.