MediaSeekTime with milliseconds and kiosk mode for app

Walter Hiller

Hello David,
we just discuss, if it is possible to use milliseconds for the MediaSeekTime action? For our projects this would be much more exact to define movie sequences ... Second question: Is it possible to start the app in fullscreen/kiosk mode? I want to prevent the user from aborting the app or modify the view sequence. Thanks in advance, Walter

decsoft

Hello Walter,

The Media player only accept seconds or a percentage to seek the position. Currently we use a percentage because, for example, the Range control value it's a percentage and then we can use such control to change the Media player position. If you think seconds can be good I will look how to add it. In other case maybe you can made the appropiate calculations to get a position percentage.

About the full screen mode, if you refer to HTML5 apps compiled by Cordova, we have an option to put their apps in fullscreen or to show the platform status bar on the top. For browser deployed apps certainly I think there is not a way to put it in fullscreen without the user interaction. Maybe I can implement some trick opening the app in a new window, however, fullscreen it's only supported by Internet Explorer.

decsoft

Hello,

I rename the MediaSeekTime to MediaSeekPercent and add the new MediaSeekSeconds action. The first one can be used to set the position of a media player by percentage, and the second one can be used to set the position of a media player by seconds.

Walter Hiller

Thanks a lot! I just posted another stupid question - may be this helps for other newbies too :-)

decsoft

Hello Walter,

No one stupid question! Only answers can be stupid! :)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.