Resize & order tables

John Clarke

I want to have a data table on my app that has :

1. Columns that I can resize
  2. Columns that I can reorder by dragging them

How can I achieve this?

decsoft

Hello John,

Nothing is impossible, however, almost everything requires some work. What you wanted probably can be achieved by using some possible third party JavaScript library, and, of course can be made in the same way than that JavaScript library does, I mean, finally we are talking about what HTML and JavaScript allows us to do. Thanks to DecSoft App Builder we can use all the power of HTML and JavaScript in our apps.

I found a couple of amazing articles: this one for resizing table columns and this one for reorder table columns, so I adapted it to get the Table sample app enhanced with these features. The main code is which is placed in the app view Show event, and, there is also some CSS code placed in the app Style option.

You can download the modified Table sample app from here. Maybe this modified sample have some caveats: finally I only dedicate around an hour and a half in order to adapt the referred article: the main work is taken from the articles, and, maybe can be enhanced, modified, etc. As I told you, HTML and JavaScript offers to us the way to get it working, probably using various approaches, so, maybe you want to modify the sample, looking for some possible samples or third party libraries, etc.

John Clarke

David, Thanks for that - it is exactly what I needed!

decsoft

Hello John,

You're welcome! In fact, who deserves the thanks is the author of the referred articles, which do a very good work.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.