Change Default View to Load

Danny Cheah

Dear David,

So sorry for asking this very basic questions again. I decided to change the main View to load and I can't seems to find a way of doing that. If I'm not mistaken, there is a place where I can define which View to load am I right? Can you tell me where to define in both the AppBuilder (2019) and DesSoft AppBuilder (2021).

Thanks so much for your help.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

Not a basic question for sure! Certainly, we can set the app's default view at designtime in both AB1 and AB2. The first view in the app's views list is the default one, which is loaded when the app starts. Additionally, in AB1, we can set the app's default view at runtime, but, I am not sure if this is exactly what you wanted.

Why I say that? Because, for example, we can have a app's default view who redirect the user to another app's view. We can dedicate the app's default view only for this if we wanted: the scenario is not common, but, it's possible if we want to do it. On the other hand, maybe you really want something like AB1 in AB2?

Maybe I can ask why you think you need that? In other words, maybe you can explain here what you want to do, and then, maybe I can help you without the implementation of something similar than AB1 in AB2. If we finally see that we need something like AB1 in AB2, then I can try to implement it in AB2, Danny.

P.S. If you want to refresh your mind about how to set the app's default view at runtime in AB1, you can take a look at the AB1 "StartEvent" sample app.

Danny Cheah

Hi David,

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at my project developed using AB1 and trying to recreate/migrate to the new AB2. Since I have not work on AB1 for some time, I'm trying to figure out again how my application works in AB1. I wanted to find out how to make a View(login) to load as default instead of another page, thus me asking how to set the default View.

After reading your reply, I now know that that by default the first view in the list will be the default view. I've tested moving the view to the top and it's now working for both AB1 & AB2.

Can I just ask another question? Is there a tutorial on how to setup/deploy/compiled AB2 application to Google playstore and iOS playstore? I may need help in this area as I'm not a very technical person. I would like to have a head start so that once I migrate my existing AB1 application to AB2, I would like to roll out on both Android and iOS devices. So I need all the time for me to test it out.

Thanks again for your help.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

Certainly, there is no tutorials about how to publish in the stores. However, I can say something about it. For the case of Android, the things are more or less easy, because, the point os to get our app's APK file. And we can do this directly from Windows, that is, we can compile our app's APK using Apache Cordova (with the stuff provided by DecSoft App Builder) and finally get an APK file ready to be upload into the Google Play store. Basically, in order to be published, we need to prepare a "release" APK, instead of a "debug" one. But, once we do that, it's a question to use the Google Play store account to upload that APK, following the steps that we can see in our Google Play store account.

Talking about iOS the things are a bit different. Apache Cordova can create IPA files of our apps in Mac OS, however, what I do for my own iOS apps is to use the XCode IDE. So, the steps that I follow are more or less these ones: 1º Compile the app in Windows, so we get the "compiled" directory, with "shell" files ready to compile the app with Apache Cordova on iOS. 2º So we move the "compiled" folder to a Mac OS, and, then execute the "debug" shell file created by DecSoft App Builder in a Mac OS computer. 3º Once we do that, that is, once Apache Cordova compile the app with that shell file, what we get is an entire project ready to be opened by the XCode IDE.

Once we have the project opened by the XCode IDE, we must choose the "Project / Archive" in the menu. Then the IDE offer to use various ways to distribute our app. I can't help you in order to publish in the store, precisally, because the apps that I develop for iOS are distributed (from Project / Archive) using the "Enterprise" option, which is a bit different than to publish in the store, however, certainly when use the "Project / Archive", there is an option to distribute the app into the Apple store. So I think it's a question to follow the instructions... select that option (Apple store) when "Archive", and follow the steps that the XCode IDE requires.

Maybe you can try all the above, and, also search in the web about how to publish in the Android Play store and the Apple store, I mean, the instructions that you can get, probably can be used without problems also for our DecSoft App Builder apps, since finally what we get are APK files (for Android) and IPA files (for iOS), so, at this point the publication in that stores do not differ from another apps made with other possible tools. What you can do is to go ahead, Danny, and, if you find some particular problem or question, just post here or in a new thread, so I will try to help you at that particular point.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.