Extending the Developers Tools

John Clarke

I am doing a lot of work involving creating a browser plugin. However, I am interested in extending the browsers developers tools. There is an article in the Mozilla website which explain that. Is it possible to implement this using App Builder ?

Thanks in advance

decsoft

Hello John,

Yes; I made some investigations and finally published a new release of the product which allows to extend the browser's Developer Tools from the WebExtension apps created with DecSoft App Builder.

John Clarke
Thanks for this David. Although when I looked at the WebExtension4 sample app I couldn't see the new tab it had added to the Developers Tools on Chrome.

decsoft

Hello John,

Humm... please, be sure that you install the WebExtension properly, and then navigate to a new tab in order to see if works as expected: I try the WebExtension4 sample app with Firefox, Chrome and Edge and works as expected. Update Chrome may can help?

John Clarke
I can see it now. Thanks for adding this feature.

decsoft

Hello John,

Always thank you for your trust!

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.