Problems with new Debugger

Peter Groll

Hi David,

If I use the new Debugger from the 2021.xx Versions the upper 10-20 % of my Apps from the 2020.xx Version are not visible. Two solve the problem her my two question:

Is it possible to have two AppBuilder Installations on one Computer??

Is there a zoom function in the new Debugger??

A different problem appears with the text input field. In the Chrome based Browsers like Chrome or Opera I have to klick on the right side of the field to input text. If I click on the left side then a window for input of a filename for an image opens. This does not happen in the Firefox.

kind regards

Peter

Peter Groll

decsoft

Hello Peter,

If I use the new Debugger from the 2021.xx Versions the upper 10-20 % of my Apps from the 2020.xx Version are not visible.

That's quite rare. I suggest you two things: firstly remove the "_cache" and "compile" directory of your app, and then compile it and run to see if that solve the problem. If not, then you must click in the "bug" icon in the debugger toolbar or press the F12 key, in order to open the Developer Console: we must see some possible error that cause the problem. With that possible error / message we can know what happen and try to fix it.

Is it possible to have two AppBuilder Installations on one Computer??

No; certainly it's not possible due to various reasons, but, in fact we must look what is the cause of the problem with the debugger, because it's quite rare and for sure we must handle it. Maybe it's possible to install two versions... choosing two installation directories, but, the configuration become the same for both installations, and that can cause some unexpected behaviour. But again, I think the best is to look for the possible problem with the debugger.

Is there a zoom function in the new Debugger??

No; certainly it's not an option like that right now... I am not sure if that can be useful... we always can use an external browser which allow the zoom, but, anyway, maybe this can be a good option to have in a next release of the product.. The next release of the product will offer three new buttons at the debugger toolbar to zoom in, zoom out and reset the zoom.

A different problem appears with the text input field. In the Chrome based Browsers like Chrome or Opera I have to klick on the right side of the field to input text. If I click on the left side then a window for input of a filename for an image opens. This does not happen in the Firefox.

I am not quite sure if can understand the question. Are you may talking about File inputs? Because Text inputs must have no differences in their left or right sides... in fact we can click at any place in the input in order to start to type text. So... maybe I can't understand the question and you can explain it a bit more. If you wanted and can prepare a sample app, feel free to send me an EMail with that sample app, so I can try to reproduce the problem here.

P.S. The debugger in the new releases of the product is better than the previous one: the current is based in the Microsoft Edge Runtime (Chromium) and the previous one is based in Internet Explorer: the first one is preferred and offer to us the Console Developer, which can be very, very useful to find possible bugs, etc.

decsoft

Hello Peter,

I hope this new release of DecSoft App Builder can be useful to you.

Peter Groll
Hi David, thank you so much for the new version. This is really great! I uninstalled Edge Runtime and AppBuilder completely on my Win10 Laptop and installed 2021.14. The Debugger runs without problems. Still the scrollbar of the program is missing - but with the new zoom feature I can see everything. Also thank you for the workaround with the Text Input tool, I appreciate this very much!! kind regards Peter
Peter Groll

decsoft

Hello Peter,

Hi David, thank you so much for the new version. This is really great! I uninstalled Edge Runtime and AppBuilder completely on my Win10 Laptop and installed 2021.14. The Debugger runs without problems. Still the scrollbar of the program is missing - but with the new zoom feature I can see everything. Also thank you for the workaround with the Text Input tool, I appreciate this very much!! kind regards Peter

You're welcome, sir! Always thank you for your trust in my work. ;-)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.