{Solved} Missing Generated *.bat Files

Ade Wale

Hi David,

After I update to version 2016.85 and reran my projects and sample. I noticed some generated files are missing.

I have Android installed,

What am I doing wrong?

[ins]***I am using Windows 10 for the first time.[/ins]

decsoft

Hello Ade,

Please, try with an empty (new) application and tell me what happend. I just test it here and the BAT files generation works as expected: in fact we no need the Android SDK to do this, App Builder do it. I can't remember any change in the current release who can cause this problem Ade, so, delete your app's compiled directory, try with a new application, and tell me if the problem continue or not.

P.S. I use here Windows 10 too, then Windows 10 is not the problem...

Ade Wale
Hello Ade,

Please, try with an empty (new) application and tell me what happend. I just test it here and the BAT files generation works as expected: in fact we no need the Android SDK to do this, App Builder do it. I can't remember any change in the current release who can cause this problem Ade, so, delete your app's compiled directory, try with a new application, and tell me if the problem continue or not.

P.S. I use here Windows 10 too, then Windows 10 is not the problem...

Hi David,

I just tested the empty form and AB only generated www folder.

decsoft

Hello Ade,

This is so sad. I try again here and it works like expected... Ok. May we need to take some drastic measurements here.

1º Close App Builder if running.

2º Navigate to the folder: C:\Users\[Your Windows user name here]\AppData\Roaming\AppBuilder\Config

3º Delete that folder.

Try now (with a clean program's configuration) with a new application Ade!

Ade Wale

Hi David,
I will try what you said. I think it is Windows 10 that get suck because I got issue with Cordova installation too on it.
Has anybody got issue with Windows 10 using Cordova?

decsoft

Hello Ade,

I use Windows 10 everyday to develop and to test all my software, including App Builder. Apache Cordova works fine here of course.

I am thinking if maybe the problem is a non writable directory... I think this is not the problem, but maybe you can try by place your applications in a writable directory. For example, if you have various partitions in your hard disk, then you can try with a folder in a drive different than the Windows is installed.

Donald Walker

Windows 10 works fine for me. Maybe it has to do with installing 10 over an existing installation? ??

Ade Wale
Windows 10 works fine for me. Maybe it has to do with installing 10 over an existing installation? ??

Hi Guys,

What version of Windows 10 are you using?

Thanks

decsoft

Hello,

Windows 10 Pro here!

Ade Wale
Hello,

Windows 10 Pro here!

Alright, thanks.

I am using enterprise version and I have administor issues.

decsoft

Hello,

I am using enterprise version and I have administor issues.

I never deal with the admin mode, except when needed. App Builder does not require admin privileges, but, if they need to write in certain directory, then such directory must be writable by the user. But the program itself (nor Apache Cordova or any other related) does not require admin privileges.

Ade Wale

Hi David,

decsoft

Hello,

Hi David,

Hum... maybe it's this day... but I can't view nothing abnormal... except you have a fast computer than mine. :)

What is what I am missed? :)

Ade Wale

Hi David,

What was missing are *.bat for Andorid, iOS etc. if checked.

Although, I can add them manually.

decsoft

Hello,

Are you take in consideration than the "Debug" button does not creates the BAT files? On the contrary than the "Build" button, who creates the BAT files, if we check the appropiate app's options. Certainly the BAT files generation works fine here in my PC, Ade, as well in my laptop, and I did not receive any other error report like that...

So I really are also interested in what can happend here...

Ade Wale

Hi David,

Build and Debug button did not create *.bat files for samples Weather.ab and empty.ab

I think it is one of those days.

I just install fresh Windows 10 pro and I couldn't get Cordova install, can you imagine?

decsoft

Hello Ade,

About the Cordova installation, you know, probably it's a question of some dependency not well installed. Try to follow the tutorials step by step and "google" for help searching for the error messages you found.

However, the BAT files generation is not a Cordova's problem, that is, in fact App Builder do not need Cordova until build an application using some of the generated BAT files: but before that App Builder does't know about Cordova.

The problem here is I can't reproduce the problem Ade. The program works as expected here in my PC and laptop computers, and nobody complains about this, so probably is a problem in your own specific system.

My recomendation is to assert the application's directory is writable, for example, place it into your desktop, since such directory is writable, at least by default. Try with a folder you know are not read only.

Take care about the running programs too: antivirus or something like that. And also try App Builder in another system (if possible) to try to reproduce the problem.

I can't do too much until can't reproduce the problem here! :(

Ade Wale
Hello Ade,

About the Cordova installation, you know, probably it's a question of some dependency not well installed. Try to follow the tutorials step by step and "google" for help searching for the error messages you found.

However, the BAT files generation is not a Cordova's problem, that is, in fact App Builder do not need Cordova until build an application using some of the generated BAT files: but before that App Builder does't know about Cordova.

The problem here is I can't reproduce the problem Ade. The program works as expected here in my PC and laptop computers, and nobody complains about this, so probably is a problem in your own specific system.

My recomendation is to assert the application's directory is writable, for example, place it into your desktop, since such directory is writable, at least by default. Try with a folder you know are not read only.

Take care about the running programs too: antivirus or something like that. And also try App Builder in another system (if possible) to try to reproduce the problem.

I can't do too much until can't reproduce the problem here! :(

Hi David,

Thanks for quick reply.

About Cordova installation issue. It is my fault, I suppose to do some like - cd... twice before installation but now it seem ok.

I will carry out test as you mentioned.

Cheers.

decsoft

Hello,

No problem. Just post here if you think I can do something or just to say everything is OK. :)

Ade Wale

Hi Guys,

The issues has been solved.

Thanks.

decsoft

Hello,

Hi Guys,

The issues has been solved.

Thanks.

Glad to know Ade! Finally you found what happend?

Ade Wale

Hi David,

Many things happened like:

1. Windows 10 Enterprise administrator permission - want me to create profile after then I will have admin previlage.

2. NodeJS 5.3 is another issue - I install version 4.xx.

3. My internet connection at home is not good.

4. Android SDK I downloaded from the link you provided did not work for me. I used android SDK ADT and every thing worked as expected.

decsoft

lHelo Ade,

A rare scenario, since App Builder don't use Node nor Android SDK nor internet connection. in order to generates the BAT files for Apache Cordova. In fact they don't need Apache Cordova to do that. Probably is a problem with the write permissions and the directory in which your application is placed, but again, App Builder does not require admin privileges at all... in normal circumstances...

Ade Wale
lHelo Ade,

A rare scenario, since App Builder don't use Node nor Android SDK nor internet connection. in order to generates the BAT files for Apache Cordova. In fact they don't need Apache Cordova to do that. Probably is a problem with the write permissions and the directory in which your application is placed, but again, App Builder does not require admin privileges at all... in normal circumstances...

Hi David,

Really true. Strange behavior on what is going on in Windows 10. After I created profile and re-installation of others things everything worked fine.

Thanks

decsoft

You're welcome! :)

Tinn Aphopchung

I have this problem yesterday.Before that happen
1.I checked at "window" bat file in cordova tab.
2.I click window bat to compile.Cordova say some error(didnot find some component to build).
3.I rebuild again with app builder.It say some error and connot build(some error about missing css,didnot capture it)
4.I try to delete compile folder
5.I close and open App builder again.It can build no error but no bat file generate.

I fix it by debug project and take some event(click buttom, change view) and try to build again.Now It generate bat file.
Don't know what happened,but this fix may help someone.
(next time if App builder say error I will capture it)

decsoft

Hello,

I can't here the right environment for the Windows platform, however, trying to follow your steps, unfortunatelly I can't reproduce the error. Note that the Debug button (F9) does not create the BAT files, since they are not needed to debug the application in App Builder. The BAT files are generated when we use the Build button (F8). Maybe this is what happend when you don't get ready the BAT files?

On the other hand any error message can be good here tin.

Tinn Aphopchung
Hello,

I can't here the right environment for the Windows platform, however, trying to follow your steps, unfortunatelly I can't reproduce the error. Note that the Debug button (F9) does not create the BAT files, since they are not needed to debug the application in App Builder. The BAT files are generated when we use the Build button (F8). Maybe this is what happend when you don't get ready the BAT files?

On the other hand any error message can be good here tin.

No,David.I know that debug not gen bat.
I mean I click "build"buttom. It not gen bat file.So I try to debug and make some event and stop it."Build" again now bat file generate.

I will capture next time david.
thanks.

decsoft

Hello,

Waiting for the error capture, which probably can help here. Certainly the "Build" button must creates the BAT files, and, in fact they works like expected here: there is no reason (I can imagine right now) to work in one case and not in other...

Tinn Aphopchung

I found bug.
1.I create App by "checked" at IOS platform in cordova tab and not "checked" at "create cordova config file"
2.debug and then build,no bat file.
3.I "checked" at "create cordova config file"
4.debug and then build,no bat file.
5.I "checked" at android (So,now I checked 3 checked box IOS , Android and create cordova config file)
6.debug and then build,tadaa! bat file generate.

decsoft

Hello,

Maybe is a design error (may the "BAT files" checkboxes must be disabled) because BAT files have non sense if the configuration file does not exists. At least this is the App Builder behaviour: if the config file is not created, then the BAT files are not created too. In fact this is true, because Cordova uses such config file.

So I really don't know what to do. Maybe I can disable the "Bat files" checkboxes if the "Config file" checkbox is not checked. Or allow the creation of BAT files even when the config file is not ready (?). Anyway, remember we must save the application changes and uses "Build", not "Debug", since this last never creates BAT files.

Tinn Aphopchung

Another thing for reminder.If you config it and still not press save button,then build the app.It will not build(because it use config that not save before) :D

decsoft

Hello,

Another thing for reminder.If you config it and still not press save button,then build the app.It will not build(because it use config that not save before) :D

It's correct. Debug (F9) save the application (if modified) before compile but Build (F8) do not save the application before compile, even if they is modified.

Ade Wale

Hi David,

Back to same issue as before after update:

[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\index.html"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\styles\default.css"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\styles\builder.css"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\app\styles\fixed.css"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\scripts\builder.js"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\app\scripts\app.js"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\cordova.js"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\fonts\digital-7-mono.ttf"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\app\views\View1.html"

decsoft

Hello,

Certainly, right now I see here some "rare" things about this question... I am looking at that right now.

decsoft

Hello,

2016.107 (04/19/2016)

* Fix an introduced error in the previous release which causes the Cordova's config.xml and Batch files are not created like expected. The problem is due to the App Builder uses the old XML configuration, then they can't read the new configuration. Thanks Ade!

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
My turn not being able to generate .bat files (#2016.113). Trying to uninstall and reinstall all...
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits (as you already knew)

decsoft

Hello Samuel,

Please, "re-check" the app's options. Some releases before I made certain changes that cause the loss of Cordova's options. Since the BAT files are well generated here (using the last release) probably the problem is what I say with the options. So check the options (generate "config.xml", generate "Android" BAT), save the application and compile it again.

Tell me if this works or you continue having problems.

Samuel Vanneste

Hello David,
You were right : it has fixed, I had misunderstood the things. Thanks a lot for your support :)

decsoft

You're welcome. Sorry for the inconveniences Samuel. :)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.