Opening URLs with default browsers

Asley Cruz
Hi David,
I would like to know how to open an URL with default browser on Windows (Firefox, Chrome...)
with a button inside an HTML control, using AB2 and Electron.

Thanks in advance.
AsleyCruz.com

Graphic & Web Designer

My app: AC Biblia

My game: AC Trivlia

decsoft

Hello Asley,

Maybe you want to investigate a bit more, for example, here in this Electron's issue. The basis can be the below piece of code:

Please, post here if you have any further questions!

Asley Cruz
Thanks David, for your time,
I will give it a try... one more question. I DON'T want to close my app on pressing "Back button" on Android.
How can I avoid this?

Have a nice week.
AsleyCruz.com

Graphic & Web Designer

My app: AC Biblia

My game: AC Trivlia

decsoft

Hello Asley,

Prevent the default behaviour of the back button cannot be more easy, just use the below code in the app's "BackButton" event:

However, maybe you already try something like that and cannot see it working... this is due to a bug in DecSoft App Builder, which is has been fixed right now, so, update your copy and try it, Asley.

P.S. Please, maintain different questions separated in different threads: don't hesitate to open all the threads that you needed! I know you add a second question to this thread because it's the "Email style", just reply with other question... but here in the forum, maintain different threads for different questions is good. :-)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.