Report control in the new AB

Danny Cheah

Dear David

What is the equivalent control of the Report control in AB2019 in AB 2020. In AB 2019, I use the report control and setting the source url from a .json file to show the content. How can I achieve this in AB2020? 

Thanks in advance. 

Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

Yes; certainly there is not an exactly replacement, but, the most similar control to the Report is the Table control: works very similar to the Report control in the "old" AB, except that the JSON which feed his "data" property is not taken from any URL, but, it's the duty of the user to provide it.

Please, Danny, take a look at the Table sample app. Then, look also at the HTML sample app. And finally look also to the JSONSource sample app. This last one uses an HTTP Client control in order to load some JSON from a file: well, that's exactly what you can do with the Table control: use an HTTP Client control to load the proper Array of objects.

Please, look at the referred samples, and, don't hesitate to post here any further question.

Danny Cheah

Hi David, 

Thank you for the pointers to the sample app. I now understand how to implement it on AB2020. Your instruction is indeed very helpful. 

Thanks again.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Danny Cheah

decsoft

Hello Danny,

Glad to know that you got it! :-)

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.