HTC: error when compiling

Bryce Beattie

I was getting a strange error when compiling, so I installed the newest version and tried to compile again. I still got the same error, so I made a test project that has a single html file and I am still getting an error. Here is the content of the index.html file:

And when I compile, I just get a meaasge that says: " :: Sorry, and error occur and the 64 bits compilation fails, please, try again" and no indication of the cause of the failure. Any idea what could be going on?

decsoft

Hello Bryce,

Can be another possible thing, however (and you can smile a bit) probably you have the destination folder opened... and this can cause the compilation error. So, please, try to compile the app without the destination folder opened. The destination folder is the folder in which the executable files will be saved. Try with this solution and tell me if that works for you: I am 99% sure that yes, but please, post here if works for you or not.

Bryce Beattie
I made sure that all folder/code editors are closed and tried again, but got the same result. And I tried it from another computer as well (both are Windows 10) and got the same result. I also have forgotten and don't see where I would select or change the destination folder or output .exe file.

decsoft

Hello Bryce,

It's quite rare then... First of all, the destination folder is the same folder than the app's index.html file. Can you reproduce the problem with the sample apps? You get the right compilation file for Windows 32 bits? The point is that I cannot reproduce the problem here... I can compile the apps for both Windows 32 and Windows 64 bits... So please, try with the sample apps... to see if there is something specific with your app... but this it's quite rare...

Bryce Beattie

Ok, compiling the "Hello" app worked.

I had my project .dhc file in the same directory at the html file. When I moved the code into it's own app folder like in the samples, It compiles and runs fine now. Thanks!

decsoft

Hello Bryce,

I am not sure right now... but yes... it's a good idea to place the project file outside the app's index.html file. Anyway, I am glad to know that you got it, sir!

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.